Feel great about looking good
Did you know that some of our garments are made with ethically sourced yarns?
Our ongoing passion project is working with our factories to source more sustainable, ethical, and environmentally sound fibres and yarns. Our pledge is to continue to offer you ethically and responsibly sourced viscose fibres; eco rayon, wool, lambswool, merino, recycled polyester and organic cotton wherever we can achieve this. We are committed to doing our part in this industry-wide evolution, and we will keep you updated as we navigate our way forward.
Visiting one of our stockists? Keep an eye out for this swing tag.
I am made with Lenzing EcoVero – what does this mean?
All of our viscose twill garments this season are made from either 50% or 100% Ecovero certified renewable wood sources. Using an eco-responsible production process by meeting high environmental standards, LENZING™ ECOVERO™ fibres tailor to a sustainable lifestyle, contributing to a cleaner environment.
- Up to 50% lower emissions & water impact
- Sustainable wood and pulp sourcing
- Supply chain transparency
- Certified eco-responsible
If you would like to shop our sustainable garments, look out for our social media posts with this icon.
I am made with BCI cotton – what does this mean?
BCI is working towards making ‘Better Cotton’ a sustainable mainstream commodity. By investing in BCI products you are helping support the following:
- Reduce the environmental impact of cotton production.
- Improve livelihoods and economic development in cotton producing areas.
- Improve commitment to and flow of better cotton throughout supply chain.
Knitwear & RWS – “Responsible Wool Standard”
The Responsible Wool Standard is a voluntary standard that addresses the welfare of sheep and the land they graze on.
- Ensures that wool comes from farms that have a progressive approach to managing their land, practice holistic respect for animal welfare of the sheep, respect the Five Freedoms of animal welfare – see below, and meet standards for health and safety of workers.
- Ensures a strong chain of custody for certified materials as they move through the supply chain.
- Ensures methods to protect soil health, biodiversity and native species.
The Five Freedoms of sheep are protected:
- Freedom from hunger, malnutrition and thirst
- Freedom from fear and distress
- Freedom from physical and thermal discomfort
- Freedom from pain, injury and disease
- Freedom to express normal patterns of behaviour.
Knitwear & Polyester Fibre
Polyester is blended with natural fibres to improve stability of knitwear. The polyester fibres used in the blended yarns are technically advanced for sustainability and wearability.
- “CiCLO®”, is a recycled polyester (made from plastic bottles). CiCLO is a more sustainable option to conventional polyester, where the fibres biodegrade at a similar rate to natural fibres.
- “Cool Jade™” polyester has been infused with recycled jade to create a natural cooling effect and quick drying properties.
Loobie’s Story will continue to be committed to our ethical sourcing practices. We thank you for your support in our efforts to contribute to what must be a unified effort in changing the way we buy and sell products.
We want you to feel great about looking good!